In our daily vision measurement and image measurement, we often encounter some measurement terms. Today, we collect some professional terms in measurement to introduce them in detail.
1. Measurement: An operation to determine a value.
2. Measured value: the value obtained directly from the measuring instrument or through necessary calculation.
3. Accuracy of measurement: the degree of consistency between the measured results and the agreed true values of the measured values.
4. Repeatability of measurements: Under the following conditions, continuous measurements of the same measurements are made, and the consistency between the measurements is achieved.
Including: the same measurement method; the same observer; the same measurement instrument; the same location; the same conditions of use; repeated in a short time interval.
5. Reproducibility of measurements: Change one or more of the following conditions to continuously measure the same measurements, and the degree of consistency between the measurements.
Including: measurement methods, observers, measuring instruments, location, use conditions, time and so on.
6. Uncertainty of measurement: the evaluation of the range of the measured true value.
7. Absolute error of measurement: the difference between the measured result and the agreed true value of the measured value.
8. Relative error: the ratio of the absolute error of measurement to the true value of measurement.
9. Random error: The component of measurement error that varies unknowingly in the course of multiple measurements of the same measurement.
10. Systematic error: The component of measurement error that remains constant or varies in a predictable manner during multiple measurements of the same measurement.
11. Personnel errors: errors caused by subjective factors and operation techniques of surveyors.
12. Environmental Error: The component of measurement error that can vary with the environment.
13. Method Error: Error caused by imperfect measurement method.
14. Adjustment error: The error caused by the failure to adjust the measuring instrument or object to the correct position or state.
15. Reading errors: errors caused by inaccurate reading of measuring instruments by observers.
Parallax: Errors caused by the observer's deviation from the correct direction of observation in reading or aiming.
17. Estimation error: The error caused by the estimation within the range of the grading value.
18. Gross error: Obviously exceeding the expected error under specified conditions.
19. Measuring force: The measuring pressure exerted by the measuring instrument on the measured surface (position) of the measured part.
20. Measuring Instruments: Instruments that can be used separately or together with other devices to determine geometric quantities.
Pomeas Optical Technology Company Limited
Manufacturing Center: Dongcheng District, Dongguan City, Guangdong Province on the bridge Industrial Road, Pine Street on the 1st
Tel: + 86-0769-2266 0867 0769-21994466 Fax: + 86-0769-2266 0857 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
ADD: 68# Yongwei Street,Bozhuobian Industry Road,East District Dongguan,China.
TEL: 0769-2266 0867 FAX: 0769-2266 0857